Just like Green Onions, I figured these small little things must have some kind of benefit to them! So let’s get started!
- Hair Loss - Because of its high levels of allicin (which were found to treat hair loss effectively) this could be the help with hair loss.
- Acne - It’s antioxidants kill bacteria so it makes a great natural remedy for blemishes
- Colds - It’s antioxidants also help prevent colds. And recommended: if you feel a cold coming on, try sipping garlic tea
- Psoriasis - Garlic has great anti-inflammatory properties, which could be helpful in relieving psoriasis outbreaks
- Splinters – They say that if you place a slice over the splinter and tape it to it, it will get rid of it.
- Athlete’s Foot – Garlic has anti-fungal properties that could be a great way to get rid of the itch. Just soak your feet in warm water with crushed garlic.
- Mosquitoes - For some reason mosquitoes don’t seem to like the smell of garlic. Make a garlicy concoction and rub it on your arms and legs to keep them away.
- Cold Sores - Again, because of its great anti-inflammatory properties, holding some crushed garlic on the cold sore will help reduce the pain and swelling
- De-Ice? - Garlic salt has been known to remove ice from roadways. Next time your walkway is icy, grab that garlic salt from your pantry!
- Protect Plants - Garden pests don’t exactly like the smell of garlic either, so make a home made pesticide for your garden to keep them away!
- Benefit our systems - It has been shown that it helps our respiratory and circulatory systems: helps high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease & artery hardening. These benefits may come from the production of hydrogen sulfide gas – which is produced when the red blood cells take sulfuric compounds from garlic – which in turn expands our blood vessels, which helps the blood pressure stay steady
- Food Poisoning - Research shows that because of it’s anti-inflammatory properties, it may prevent food poisoning by killing the bacteria.
Have you ever used garlic in a home remedy??
Would you ever try it in a home remedy??